Thai Passport Renewal...in UK..

Questions and advice for all your visa issues.

Thai Passport Renewal...in UK..

Postby Noodles » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:00 pm

In 6 months time The Wifes Passport expires, she already has done the extension in her first passport....so whats the procedure.....How Long, Over The Counter in London, Cost,Photos,Whats needed, Do they Put The Old Pages(Visa Stamps) Back In The New passport...whats the score..?

Thanks
Noodles
UT Team

Re: Thai Passport Renewal...in UK..

Postby 747man » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:17 pm

beer monkey wrote:In 6 months time The Wifes Passport expires, she already has done the extension in her first passport....so whats the procedure.....How Long, Over The Counter in London, Cost,Photos,Whats needed, Do they Put The Old Pages(Visa Stamps) Back In The New passport...whats the score..?

Thanks
Sea, Can't help you with How Long or Cost,But I can tell that they WILL NOT take out the pages & visa stamps,to put in the new one,The British Visa has to be put in the new passport by the British Home Office,OR If NOT Done ( THEY SOMETIMES REFUSE ) as in My Wifes case,Now whenever Nitt travels she has to carry the original ( 1st passport ) aswell as her 2nd pasport ( Now Expired ) also her CURRENT Passport.....All because some beauracrat in the Liverpool part of the Home Office told me it had to be done by.....Wait for it.....The BLITISH Embassy ( Bangkok ) Because that's where the ORIGINAL Visa was issued.. :o :shock: ***** That was even after ME Arguing that,Yes the ORIGINAL WAS,But the one that REALLY Matters the ILR WAS Issued by Croydon.....I give up ***** ***** Sorry can't help anymore...Alan.
747man
In Jail

Postby Prenders88 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:27 pm

Mrs P has just done hers at the Thai Embassy in Queens Gate London.
Mrs Monkey will need to make an appointment first. You can't just turn up on the day.
When she gets her appointment she needs to take her Thai ID, and Tambien Baan.
No need for photos as the guys there will scan her picture into the system.
It will take six weeks to get processed, as all the paperwork is sent to Bangkok.
It costs £25, for the new 48 page passport, that has a chip imbedded in the front cover.
When ready they will call you. Go there to pick it up, take a green ticket, wait for your number to be called and take Mrs Monkeys shiny new passport home.
Her old passport will be attached to the new one with an elastic band, which contains her green ILR, with a endorsement stamped in the front stating the ILR is still valid.
She can enter the UK but must have the old passport with ILR stamp presented with the new one at immigration.
To make life easier she can have the NTL stamp put in her new passport NTL (No time limit). Postal applications £165 in person £515 from the UK Border Agency.

Hope this helps mate.
Prenders88

Postby Noodles » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:59 pm

Thanks Prenders and Alan, good info....
So she will carry the old one (With ILR Visa In It) with her also..?

She is planning to make a visit home in March/April time, (she will have 4 months left on it)......is it better/easier to do it in Thailand do you think.....?
Noodles
UT Team

Postby Prenders88 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:23 pm

beer monkey wrote:Thanks Prenders and Alan, good info....
So she will carry the old one (With ILR Visa In It) with her also..?
Yes she can if she don't want to get the new NTL put in her new passport, however she might be asked to produce additional documents at the British border crossing to prove her status, like her letter from the Home Office when she got her ILR stamp or NI number card.

She is planning to make a visit home in March/April time, (she will have 4 months left on it)......is it better/easier to do it in Thailand do you think.....?

Yes, she won't have to wait six weeks for the documents to be processed in Thailand.
Provided the Thai passport endorse the new passport in English regarding her still valid ILR.

Not sure if Thailand insist you have at least six months remaining in the passport :()(
Prenders88

Postby Prenders88 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:14 am

Mrs P just had her new Thai passport endorsed with the new NTL stamp.
The NTL takes up one full page of the passport, which includes a photogragh and passport reader code at the bottom. The top says "Residence Permit".
Prenders88

Postby Noodles » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:30 am

Ok thanks, i take it you did the postal service and not the pang mahk over the counter job..?
Is it a 5 or 10 year one.. ?
Noodles
UT Team

Postby Prenders88 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:11 am

beer monkey wrote:Ok thanks, i take it you did the postal service and not the pang mahk over the counter job..?
Is it a 5 or 10 year one.. ?

The Pang Mahk one, over the counter. The NTL is for life, that's the one off fee, which would include moving it to a new passport. Got there at 10.30am for the appointment at 11am. Airport style security when you go through the entrance. Packed to the rafters with people, and the public enquires office looked like they need more staff. Waited until 2pm when Mrs P was seen, then waited again to see if the application was accepted.
3.45pm told that the application was fine. Told to wait again. 4.30pm called to the customer service window and given the passports back and a couple of reference letters that you keep.
Prenders88

Postby Collingwood Hero » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:55 am

Do they have a Mr Happy there ?

What did u buy from the counter selection ???
Collingwood Hero
Advanced member

Location: Just booked my Mortuary Slab with Grim Reaper Pre Paid Burials

Postby Prenders88 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:49 am

Collingwood Hero wrote:Do they have a Mr Happy there ?

What did u buy from the counter selection ???

They don't sell cheap watches or soap sets .
You deal with the officers behind thick plate glass, and speak into a mic.
Just like a Thai monkey house visiting room.

Yes all of them are Mr Happy. No smiles, and rude security guards. Fooking bored looking Jobsworths.
Most of the Border agency staff were wearing hijabs, or looked as if they originated from the African subcontinent.
There is a Muslim prayer room on the same floor, but if you want a shit it's a long walk to bogs.
The irony of it made me chuckle. "(
That place sums up Croydon.
Prenders88

Next

Return to Visa & Immigration Information