Deep Purple kicks ass

If your not sure where to put your new topic here will be as good a place as any.

Deep Purple kicks ass

Postby crazy_canuck » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:56 pm

.....that is all (:)
I love boobies.
crazy_canuck
Super Advanced Member

Re: Deep Purple kicks ass

Postby Aardvark » Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:03 pm

Do you mean Arse ;)
I'm not just another pretty face you know....
Aardvark
Platinum Member

Postby Beda » Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:43 pm

...and 'kick'?
Beda
Super Advanced Member

Postby crazy_canuck » Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:30 am

Beda wrote:...and 'kick'?

Hehe I like to think of 'Deep Purple' as one cohesive unit, in which case 'kicks' would be correct ;) If I were to break it down and say something along the lines of "Ian Gillan, Roger Glover, Jon Lord, Ritchie Blackmore, and Ian Paice kick ass" then yes indeed you would be correct <:> Although since the band has gone through more lineups than most other bands......let me rephrase the statement to make it a bit more fitting

"Deep Purple Mk II kicks ass" ++)(*

And no, I didn't mean 'arse', I most certainly meant 'ass' *****^^ (:)

PS I really really really like the smilies on this forum.........
I love boobies.
crazy_canuck
Super Advanced Member

Postby Beda » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:38 am

crazy_canuck wrote:

Hehe I like to think of 'Deep Purple' as one cohesive unit, in which case 'kicks' would be correct ;) If I were to break it down and say something along the lines of "Ian Gillan, Roger Glover, Jon Lord, Ritchie Blackmore, and Ian Paice kick ass" then yes indeed you would be correct <:> Although since the band has gone through more lineups than most other bands......let me rephrase the statement to make it a bit more fitting

In proper English, it's 'kick'. In some other form of English it may well be wrongly thought of as 'kicks' - up to you...
Beda
Super Advanced Member

Postby crazy_canuck » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:00 am

Beda wrote:
crazy_canuck wrote:

In proper English, it's 'kick'. In some other form of English it may well be wrongly thought of as 'kicks' - up to you...

Come on now, Beda.....really? Good to know the forum has a spelling bee champion ++)(* Up to you if you feel it requires back and forth banter on the internets as to which is correct :inlove:

My university degree tells me my English is well enough proper, so thats all the reassurance I need (:)

(Not trying to be cocky or start some sort of pissing match, simply stating I'm well past the days where I need scolding from the grammar police, especially on something trivial such as this).

Honestly Beda...based on reading your posts, I really do think you are a smart man, and a good guy. I do respect your opinion. I just question where's the point in making one liner posts on an internet forum, solely to try and correct someones grammar in a condescending manner?? Lets all just agree you brits know how to rock, thats for damn sure. :)
I love boobies.
crazy_canuck
Super Advanced Member

Postby up2me » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:24 am

Yes Deep Purple kick some major butt.
I went to a lot of concerts in the early 80`s at the PNE grounds in vancouver but unfortunatly Deep Purple was not one of them.
My first concert was Blue Oyster cult as the warm up band and another great heavy metal band.
One thing i can remember is the second band drove a harley on stage reving it up and the crowed went nuts.
up2me
Advanced member

Postby crazy_canuck » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:38 am

up2me wrote:Yes Deep Purple kick some major butt.
I went to a lot of concerts in the early 80`s at the PNE grounds in vancouver but unfortunatly Deep Purple was not one of them.
My first concert was Blue Oyster cult as the warm up band and another great heavy metal band.
One thing i can remember is the second band drove a harley on stage reving it up and the crowed went nuts.

Ah yes...nothing like an outdoor concert at the PNE!!!

I was fortunate enough to see Deep Purple a few years back at the Orpheum theatre in Vancouver......'Thin Lizzy' opened for them and blew the PA system during the sirens in 'Jailbreak' GOOD TIMES

An hour later of me standing alone in front of the stage, ignoring security's constant badgering to sit down (This is Deep Purple....not the Vancouver Symphony Orchestra) and Deep Purple were on stage kicking ass, and at that point the whole place got up and rushed the stage. Now if only I could explain that slight haze and funky smell...... :rofl:
:rock: :rock: :rock:
I love boobies.
crazy_canuck
Super Advanced Member

Postby up2me » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:12 pm

No it wasn`t an outdoor concert it was in the Canadian Pacific i think it`s called the very far west end of the PNE grounds.
PNE was or maybe still is a great place for anybody demolishion derby, timber show and yes some outdoor concerts.
up2me
Advanced member

Postby Beda » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:59 pm

crazy_canuck wrote:

Come on now, Beda.....really? Good to know the forum has a spelling bee champion ++)(* Up to you if you feel it requires back and forth banter on the internets as to which is correct :inlove:

My university degree tells me my English is well enough proper, so thats all the reassurance I need (:)

(Not trying to be cocky or start some sort of pissing match, simply stating I'm well past the days where I need scolding from the grammar police, especially on something trivial such as this).

Honestly Beda...based on reading your posts, I really do think you are a smart man, and a good guy. I do respect your opinion. I just question where's the point in making one liner posts on an internet forum, solely to try and correct someones grammar in a condescending manner?? Lets all just agree you brits know how to rock, thats for damn sure. :)

I'm bored. Just ignore me.
Beda
Super Advanced Member

Next

Return to General Topics