Has that Japanese restaurant closed near to Central Plaza?

The best or the worst, is it last or first? Let us know.

Re: Has that Jap restaurant closed near to Central Plaza?

Postby thaimac » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:15 am

Please rename this thread. Japanese Restaurant is correct. I do not think we are fighting WWII anymore.
People who want to share their religious views with you, never want you to share yours with them.
thaimac
Advanced member

Re: Has that Jap restaurant closed near to Central Plaza?

Postby 21again » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:29 am

Jap sounds alright with me, we are called Brits, Yanks, Aussies etc.

Oh blast still don't know whats PC or not.
21again
He enjoys the forum

Re: Has that Japanese restaurant closed near to Central Plaza?

Postby crazy_canuck » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:05 pm

As a few of you know, I live in Canada (Quite possibly the most PC country, ever) and even in my hometown of Vancouver the Japanese community refer to themselves as 'Jap' occasionally when speaking English ><:)(

Back on topic........isn't there a Japanese restaurant in UD Town? Across from McDonalds? Maybe it sucks because its one of the chain places....but there has to be other places in Udon to get some good Jap Grub?
I love boobies.
crazy_canuck
Super Advanced Member

Postby Aardvark » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:26 pm

There is, and it's got one of those Carousels. Damned if I can remember where it is though >:<>)( Wait till LA comes on, he's the Guru where Food is concerned :)
I'm not just another pretty face you know....
Aardvark
Platinum Member

Postby 21again » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:50 pm

Crazy-Canuck is correct about the one across from mcdonalds, but i have seen customers queueing outside, good sign, especially on Sundays.
Not into Jap food so cannot comment on the quality.
21again
He enjoys the forum

Postby Noodles » Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:44 pm

ScorpioPower wrote:If it's closed down that means that there are now no Japanese restaurants left in Udon that I'm aware of!

here...
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2480
Noodles
UT Team

Postby UdornLA » Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:28 pm

i believe you are referring to Sumo Japanese Restaurant, and yes they do/did have buffet and sit down service/menu. used to be kitaro, or something close, until they moved over to Day & Nice's old venue on wattana, a large step up for kitaro, though they quite often did i brick business. not sure if successful over there or not, haven't taken notice, that's a lot of sushi just to pay the rent.

also, not sure if Sumo is still in operation, i would suspect so, it's real close to Fuzzy ken's. if i cruise by tomorrow i will try to take notice, on my way to my sunday roast. if not one else pops in before that.

that thread above should fill you in on the other offerings, i think 3 over by mcd, and have seen them queued up also, not my thing. if sumo did close up, i would suspect oishi and clones would of been the last staw for them.

happy munching ++)(*
UdornLA

Postby UdornLA » Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:08 pm

think you are right, looks like it's been empty for a while, didn't see the buffet carousel inside and furnishings outside stacked up in storage mode. oh well..... ^":>
UdornLA

Return to Bars & Restaurants